Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Misunderstood Orcs and a Big Score

Found this video quite by accident today and just had to share.  Enjoy!



Oh, and I was finally able to find the Defenders of Rohan boxed set on eBay.  Actually, after months of no luck in my search, I was able to find not one, but three sets.  The first was selling overseas and I tried my best to win the auction but was outbid at the last minute.  My losing bid was £95.63, which comes out to around $150 for me.  I was saddened by the outcome since I had been watching and waiting all week for the close and could almost feel the miniatures in my hand.  In the end however, I came out ahead.  Just a little over a week later, another box appeared on eBay, this time on my side of the pond.  I thought for sure I would lose out on this one as well but luck was on my side.  I won the auction for a little over $80....a savings of almost half if I had won the original auction. That's not cheap of course, but for seven hard to find miniatures, it was more than acceptable to me.

SCORE!!!!
As I mentioned, I found three boxes.  The third is still up for auction but the price is a bit on the high side.  The seller is asking $184 for the Buy It Now price (item #130748462298).  As an aside, for some reason the same seller has a few other boxed sets that are not all that rare, but offered at high prices.  For example, the Breaking of the Fellowship set is listed at $144.99.  I've seen a few of these sets here and there and they went for much less.  Plus, with just a bit of patience and searching, the minis in the set can be found individually for a fraction of the total cost.  I'm not sure why the price is set so high.  Am I missing something here?

Anyway, now that I finally have the Defenders of Rohan in my possession, it's time to start yet another project.....painting every Aragorn pose at the same time.  That should keep me pumped up and excited for the upcoming Hobbit movies.

1 comment:

  1. Cool video, one my son will enjoy too!

    Nice find, ebay can certainly come up trumps sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete